GETAWAY NEWS POSTS
September 6, 2017
Getaway Denver Race Day Info
Getaway 5K/10K Denver – Race Day Information September 10
Parking & Arrival at Cherry Creek
- There is plenty of parking on-site both at the Lake House lot and Hobbie Hill parking lots. Event staff will direct participants where to park when they arrive.
- Please arrive via the Dayton Street entrance (Near Cherry Creek High School)
- Participants will be able to park for free by showing their race bib
Registration and Bib Pickup
- Don’t forget about Packet Pick-Up at Runners Roost in Denver on Saturday, 10a-5p!
- There will be a small window of time in the morning for new race registration and bib pickup for those already registered from 7am-8:15am. Unfortunately, there will be a hard stop at 8:15am since our team has many things to do in order to make sure the race goes off without a hitch!
- The registration and bib pickup area will be located near the start line. Look for the large orange and blue, Getaway 5K/10K inflatable arch.
Race Schedule and Logistics
- 10K starts at 8:30am – 3 water stops with water and Gatorade
- 5K and 1 Mile Walk starts at 8:40am – Walkers please start at the back of the pack
- Kids Run will start at 9:30am – 2 water stops with water and Gatorade
- We will send runners out in waves of 10-15 runners every 20 seconds. This will allow all runners to get out on course without crowds and backups. Please pay attention to race staff as they announce waves.
- The course is a manicured trail but the surface is compacted dirt. There are some paved spots but please plan accordingly.
- Course Marshals will be at each section the course will cross over open roads. Please follow the directions of the course marshals at all times.
Post-Race at The Lake House
- Upon finishing the run, finishers will receive a commemorative race medal (10K and 5K only).
- There will be bottled water, fruit, granola bars and snacks available immediately at the finish line for runners only.
- Follow signs to the Lake House which is a short walk from the finish line.
- The Lake House will be our post-race Celebration area with food, beer, games and all sort of fun stuff! Be sure to come by the Lake House after the run.
- Awards for top 3 overall male and female in both the 10K and 5K. We do not do age group awards for this race.
- There will be a face painter and a balloon animal artist for the kids and plenty of free Getaway 5K/10K SWAG for everyone to take home!
February 26, 2017
Getaway San Antonio Results
View your 2017 Getaway 5k – San Antonio Results HERE
January 24, 2017
Post-Race Beach Party Taking Shape
As much fun as the run will be, you may want to look forward to the post-race celebration just as much!
Just announced– Colaó‘ will be performing live during the post race party. Their sound is sure to get you in the vacation mood and take you away to your happy place. Led by Ray Colaó, Colaó features veteran musicians that play a fusion of cumbia, guaracha, salsa, merengue, mambo and son cubano. Band members include founder Ray Colaó, vocals/guitar; Mario “El Mago,” percussion; “Richie,” bass/brass; Ray Garcia, percussion; and Jessie Garcia, guitar/vocals.
Post race refreshments will include Flamingo Rey’s shaved ice which is sure to put a smile on your face. Additional food selections will include VERT Kabobs and other local favorites that bring that summer vibe to your winter routine.
Kids of all ages (and kids at heart) will want to spend some time in our tropical themed moonwalk and slide that will be open and free to the public all day. Other Fun Zone activities include sack races, limbo contents and a giant Connect-4 game! Even better than playing on the beach!
We will also have frisbees, beach balls and other giveaways that you can take with you when you go on your own “getaway” in 2017.
We will be continuing to add details to our race day activities so check back often!
December 21, 2016
Medals to be Awarded to All 5K Finishers
December 21, 2016
Wheatley Heights Sports Complex Selected as Host Venue
A Multi-Sports Complex for Youth Sports Serving San Antonio, Bexar County and The Surrounding Region
As part of Bexar County’s Community Venues Program, and in partnership with the City of San Antonio, Wheatley Heights Sports Complex was awarded $7.5 million to design and construct a multi-sport facility to include: a football stadium, a 9 – lane all-weather track,
4 AAU/UIL soccer fields, cross country track and other improvements.
This premier complex located in Precinct 4 will help revitalize the community. Bexar County is proud to improve our community, strengthen our economy, and appeal to visitors through the Community Venues projects.